Now, in the time of AI and LLMs, I can make my ideas real.
Today I made one old idea come true. It is a simple application to test Internet access.
We all know speedtest.net. But Internet access is not just about speed. It is many things together: local network at home or office, DNS, provider, firewalls, etc.
I wanted to make an application that can run different tests and show the quality as percentage (%).
Today, I published the first version of "Advanced Network Quality Test" for Windows. It has a graphical interface (GUI).
One important feature: you can load different configuration files. Everyone can change it for their needs.
The source code is open for everyone - https://github.com/ruschestor/ANQT_Windows
Stack: Python 3, tkinter, dnspython, python-dotenv, psutil
This application was developed with the help of the AI agent "Cline" and the LLMs "z-ai/glm-5.2" and "deepseek/deepseek-v4-flash-0731".
Hope it helps someone.

No comments:
Post a Comment